ClimateNet e.V. was founded in spring 2006 as a non-profit association. Its purpose is the promotion of measures which contribute to the prevention of the anthropogenic climate change as well as to the adaptation of the negative effects of climate change.
The association’s purpose is to facilitate:
- Promotion of scientific offspring
- Organization of public information meetings,
- Educational measures in form of seminars, conferences and lectures,
- Initiation of pilot projects for the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions or for adaptation to climate change,
- Networking of relevant participants from science, economy and politics,
- Introduce new scientific findings as well as discussion points into the (climate-) political discourse. ClimateNet e.V. remains neutral.